We are looking for an engineer to work within the theme of the EX-PATRIA project at the Research Center UMR 8164-HALMA. Their main tasks will be to assist the project leader in formalizing the specifications of the database and the associated management interface; to prepare an overview of existing tools that can be used in the creation of the database and the management interface; to select the tools and develop the database and the management interface.
|Required degree:||Master (mandatory)|
|Type of contract:||Full-time fixed-duration contract|
|Salary:||Gross monthly salary between 1 812 euros/month and 2 356 euros/month depending on experience|
The position is funded by the University of Lille, in the framework of the Junior Professor Chair held by Ekaterina Nechaeva at the Hub Sociétés and the project “EX-PATRIA. Conflicts, Contacts, and Circulation between Rome and Iran in Late Antiquity”. It is hosted by the Research Center UMR 8164-HALMA.
The successful candidate’s main tasks will be:
- to assist the project leader in formalizing the specifications of the database and the associated management interface
- prepare an overview of existing tools that can be used in the creation of the database and the management interface
- select the tools and develop the database and the management interface
These tasks will be carried out at the Research Centre, Archéologie et Littératures des Mondes Anciens (HALMA-UMR 8164, Univ. Lille, CNRS, MC), in collaboration with the Centre de Recherche en Informatique, Signal et Automatique de Lille (CRIStAL-UMR 9189).
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline
- Experience in database and web application design
- The proven capacity to work autonomously
- Capacity to work independently. Willingness to work on an interdisciplinary, collaborative research project in a team
- Working proficiency in French and English
In addition, the following qualifications would be appreciated and constitute an advantage:
- Experience in the field of digital humanities
- Cover letter
- Proof of the degree
- A sample of work (e.g. Git repository with source code of a past project)
- Names and contact information (email addresses are essential) of 2-3 persons who can be contacted for references (university professors, past employers etc.)
Complete applications are to be submitted in PDF format by e-mail by the 25th of August 2023 to both following addresses:
The recruitment commission will meet for the first time to shortlist the applications. Selected candidates will be promptly invited for an interview, which will take place in mid-September 2023.
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org